Perspective is an interesting thing. Quite like reactions. We can take charge of them or have them take charge of us. The ability to recognize our own choice, our power, even our responsibility when its comes to both perspective and emotions is key.
As WordPress emailed me this years blog stats, I wondered if I should open the email. How good could they really be? Well, as good as a Boeing 747 . This is what Wordpress thinks. They say I did ‘WOW’, “A Boeing 747-400 passenger jet can hold 416 passengers. This blog was viewed about 3,600 times in 2010. That’s about 9 full 747s.”
So I did as well as 9 full Boeing 747’s and that to me is so sweet and very awesome 🙂
Hence, the point on perspective.
It’s about accepting and rejoicing how far we’ve come, not worrying over how slow we were, or how many times we fumbled or even how much further we have to go.
-It truly is also about valuing whatever we do, our work, our health, our selves.
-Everything is as it should be.
– The effort we put in, to some extent decides our results.
– Sometimes, the pace of the result, isn’t what we expect, yet it is the very pace that is good for us, to internalize, learn and grow.
– Perspective is simply how we ‘choose’ to see,the world, our work and our selves.
– What to me was okay, to WordPress was 9 Boeing 747’s. Such fun.
– It’s important to have fun.
– And that is our choice.
Hence the point with emotions.
– We can choose our reactions and hence our emotions.
– We can watch our emotions and go deeper to wonder why? Why did I worry so much, or why do I feel sad?
– The tornado of emotions will still strike every now and then, but one can be prepared and watchful, asking myself, what is this reaction really telling me, about myself.
– And when we learn to watch and observe these emotions, be aware of them, their hold on us lessens.
Then just like with perspectives, we choose. We choose to just be. To be happy and in the moment. Often, peace sets in.
Then we fly, on many more Boeing 747’s. Across the world ,across time and space, we journey on. Having fun, laughing, learning, and humbly valuing even more, every moment , every turn, every fumble, the speed and this incredible journey, of blogging, of writing, of life.
With much gratitude,